Monday, October 8, 2007

Week #5 & #6 -Rollyo own

Here is something I can really sink my teeth (& bookmarks) into. How can you get all of the reliable online resources at your fingertips?

You can make your own search engine or searchroll with Rollyo. Rollyo has starter kits of sites by subject category or you can manually add your own choice of sites from the Internet. All you need to do is select sites for your searchroll. You can create as many searchrolls as you want. I have created two searchrolls so far.

Yes, I can already see how useful this tool can be for a librarian! I think it would be such a help to be able to access your personal search list from any computer. Easy access can lead to quicker search results.

How about a searchroll set up for library users to access. I can see how this could be incorporated as a homework tool for students to use along with electronic resources we already provide.

No comments: