Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Felled victim to the Malibu fire


Fire
Originally uploaded by rcmurphy
On Labor Day, my first day of vacation and Catalina my final destination, I was stuck for two hours on PCH. Traffic was insane. Bumper to bumper. You could see hoards of people on the beaches. It was like the famous Weegee photo of a crowded Coney Island beach. The castle was pointed out to me and I wished a camera was at hand so I could take a photo. It was a truly fascinating structure standing on top of the hill. A multi-level castle complete with turrets and walls of stone standing out among the other houses in the area. Something you would not ordinarily think of nestled in the Malibu hills overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Then came the Santa Ana winds and the fire. It burned down two days ago.

No comments: