Monday, October 5, 2009


Who'd a thunk! Yesterday while watching the CBS News Sunday Morning a segment about The Twilight Zone was aired in celebration of it's 5oth anniversary. Yep, the first episode aired on October 2, 1959. I still remember watching the show in reruns when I was five or six and feeling creeped out by the episode that dealt with the dolls in the donation bin. My favorite was "The Bewitchin' Pool". Over the years I have enjoyed watching them again during marathon runs on Sci Fi channel (now SyFy...what gives with that?). Twilight Zone truly made a lasting impression on my young, impressionable little brain. Happy Anniversary Twilight Zone. Thank you Rod Serling.


I highly recommend a biography on Rod Serling written by Joel Engel, "Rod Serling: the dreams and nightmares of life in the twilight zone: a biography", published in 1989.

No comments: