Thursday, October 15, 2009

40th Anniversary of Strange Paradise Oct.20


It has been many years since I watched "Strange Paradise" when it first aired. I don't remember much of the plot...but I do remember the exotic location, the laboratory...kinda spooky storylines, odd characters, the scientist and of course, the cliffhanger at the end of each 30 minute episode. Weekday afternoons were spent with several of us kids gathering at a friend's house after school hunkered around the television in rapt attention and anticipation spending an hour of delightful escapism away from the rigors of daily life (and homework) to eagerly watch back-to-back Strange Paradise" followed by "Dark Shadows" ". Why "Strange Paradise" lasted less than a year is a mystery to me. My juvenile mind loved the suspense and quirky storylines and it made a strong impression on my fifth-grader mind. Can't say that about many programs on television nowadays.

No comments: