Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Week 13 - #20 Here's Looking at You(Tube) Kid



A scene from "Casablanca" is my chosen YouTube download. This is a wonderful film and I never tire of watching it. Another reason why it was chosen was because back in 1992, a friend of mine who worked at Apple showed me a short film clip on his computer from "Casablanca". This was the first time ever I had seen anything like this at all displayed on a computer. This was still the era of "dummy" computers mind you. Though the clip was small in size on the screen the preview was embedded in my memory. I was fortunate as a sample of what the future in computer technology would bring.

Of all the gin joints in all the world...I so love You Tube. Browse and look for clips pertaining to events in recent filmed history, old commercials, film clips, videos you saw on MTV, etc. I am one who enjoys looking for various topics to see if it has been posted to YouTube. It is surprising how many clips are transferred from home video tapes and are archived. Reminisce watching Jim McKay at the Olympics or Miss Monroe singing happy birthday to President Kennedy. Recently, I watched home movies of a group of Santa Cruzans who did knee-boarding during the 1960's. It was great watching. Many people download from their cell phone cameras so we get personal views of incidents like for instance the fires in southern from October (see my blog on Malibu fires).

No comments: